Top Five Things to Look for When Hiring a Real Estate Agent
Buying or selling a home is an exciting adventure. However, the process can also be complicated, time-consuming, and at times, stressful. Between researching listings, getting a home ready for sale, showings, marketing efforts, preparing offers, and negotiating, buying and selling a home is a lot of work.
The most important thing you can to increase the chances of success and to make the process easier for you is to hire a qualified real estate agent. A real estate agent will manage all the tasks required to buy or sell your home, allowing you to enjoy the process. With so many agents in the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. To help you decide, we’ve compiled a list of the top five things to look for when hiring a real estate agent.
- Full-time real estate agent. Some real estate agents only work part-time, offering part-time service. A full-time real estate agent is entirely dedicated to their business and will work for you full-time.
- High-level marketing skills. One of the best determinants of sale success is an agent’s marketing skills. Good quality marketing can make a huge difference when it comes to a successful and speedy home sale.
- Creative negotiator. Whether you’re buying or selling, there’s bound to be some negotiation required. For the best results, hire a real estate agent who is a skilled and creative negotiator to represent you throughout the transaction.
- Accessible to ask questions. During your home sale or purchase, you will likely have many and frequent questions. Your real estate agent should be readily available to answer questions as they come up.
- Pro-active. A great real estate agent won’t list your home then wait for the calls to come. They are proactive about communication, marketing, and listing activities to ensure a successful transaction.
Sarah Spegel is real estate agent with the skills and experience to provide you with the best real estate advice and counsel. She will exceed your expectations through quality service and dedication to your real estate investment. Sarah specializes in residential real estate across the city of Toronto and GTA.
To learn more, please visit www.sarahspegel.com.